SeansZOne

Surrender to one's little world. Where he transcends and shape greatness. This world is mine. You will not be compromised because you don't have to be. You are at Sean's Zone. I'm Z-ONE. Spread the word.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sansa e280 MP3 Player

Behold my new Sandisk Sansa e280 MP3 player.

























Having been music-less on the for too long since my free iPod broke two years ago, I decided that it was high time that I got myself a new MP3 player. After intensive research and check to my budget, I decided that this 8GB flash memory baby is the one for me~!









You might ask why wouldn't I go mainstream by choosing the so popular iPod Nano, but I just refuse to go for an iPod after having bad experiences with it. I also think that iPod has become quite monopolistic and corporately stingy as there are lots of products that just cater for iPods and the worst is the use of iTunes that forces you to manage your songs with it which in my opinion is a the worst application for music management, EVER~!

With my Sandisk, I can play videos, make voice records, radio records, picture library and of course play music. It also has a miniSD memory slot for memory expandability~!!!

With all these features, navigating thru the interface is probably the only thing that is less superior than the iPod. Other than that, everything is great~! Sure, watching a video is a bit difficult because of the small screen, but it is bearable, you just can't watch your movie with subtitles because it is too small and would be pixelated.

The size is similar to the Nano, just a little bit thicker, so you can share many of iPod's accessories. The look is pretty slick and fancy and best of all you can change the batteries yourself~! A huge savings if you were to use any iPod where you need to go to the Apple Store and pay thru your nose to get the battery replaced. The battery life is pretty good too, I've been using the gadget the whole day while I was at work for 3 days until the battery was low.

Transferring files to the Sansa e280 was a breeze as you just need to drag and drop your music files into the music folder when you hook up the player to your computer. You can only play QuickTime (.MOV) files and JPEG or BMP pictures where there's an included software for you to convert them.

The Price? I got it at a bargain at B&H PhotoStore online for $170, shipping included. Not bad, as this baby goes for $250 everywhere else, and the iPod Nano goes for $220 for the 8GB version.

All-in-all, there could be some improvements in terms of the interface, but other than that, it is a wonderful all in one multi-player for you to show off~!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Olivia Seng said...

wow cool. Looks like a nano ipod =)

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger chiaxiang said...

Sweet buy! How you doing there?

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:41:00 AM  
Blogger QiQi said...

i'm actually looking for mp3 player currently.. i don't like sansa after testing it out. the dial is too plasticky for me.. i think zen v plus is nice, very good sound quality compared with other mp3 players but then again too plasticky la the joystick. i'm going to get zen vision m hiaks hiaks hiaks!! (not so soon though) why? because it's 30GB, can take it as mp3 player, photo storage, video player and also as an external hdd! and the price is just an extra of rm200 from sansa's 8GB price! if anyone of you are looking for a beautiful/pretty/nice and affordable mp3 player (with sound quality) that can play video and store pictures, go for meizu mini player :) it's just rm350 (1GB)

Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger SuChuen said...

does it come with ac adapter or just recharge from usb??? - chia

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Sean Wong said...

True that Creative has been always on my radar as they have a really good interface and wonderful aesthetics~ However, it has volatile memory (i.e. harddrive) and therefore you need to handle it properly. The Sansa uses flash memory, therefore there are no moving parts so you can jiggy with it all you want and not skip a sound.
MP3 players I think is all about mobility, therefore I'm actually going for smaller the better and not add to my already heavy pockets and freedom to swing my arm when I'm running.

Yes, I am quite annoyed with the plasticky dial but I got used to it :-P

It comes with a USB charger, but I saw that you can buy the AC charger for just about 5 bucks or the car charger for 8 bucks also.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home